Apr 17, 2009

"IMPRESSIONS OF LIGHT"

To paint what happens in the streaming of light moving past and around objects is such a fascinating thing to realistically do, but in this painting, to interpret my impressions of the light, the subject became secondary. The light and the distortions created a wonderful abstract for me making this a lot of fun and great departure from my usual controlled surface. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I. Oil on Birch panel, mounted on a 6x6 inch varnished wooden box. (Sold)

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Hi Gerald,
I just found your blog and am so glad I did. Your work is simply gorgeous. I want to comment on ALL of them, but I'll stick to this one since it's what drew me here.
You captured that feeling of walking in the woods and suddenly seeing a sight that takes your breath away. Love the warm tree next to the cooler dark ones and the spots of light really bring it to life. I'll be back for more!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Gwen, I thank you for your kind words.. There is so much to say in pigments and so little time... I love exploring what happens with light..
Thanks for stopping by.