Jan 11, 2010

"TREE SHADOWS" UPDATE

Just when I thought I was finished with the above painting I thought to myself that it needed more.  So, after a little more thinking and work a new painting emerges.  One can see the difference between the two, one is bigger then the other.. "I kid"   Hopefully you agree and if not, well I'm staying with the change.   This is up north of Santa Barbara in the Santa Ynez Valley.  A quiet walk and some good thoughts.  This painting is a 6x6" oil on Birch panel that has been mounted on a varnished wooden box with no framing needed: $120+s/h   (Sold)

4 comments:

Cyndy Carstens said...

Lovely and so peaceful, Ger. I wish I could sit under that tree for a while.
I like the original painting, but the 2nd version is indeed better. There is more depth played up by the addition of more tree trunks in the background and the cooler colors. Stunning, as always.
Cyndy

Gerald Schwartz said...

Gosh Cyndy, I should have you write for me... I thank you for you kind words. Always reworking... such madness.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Your work is stunning. I stumbled on your blog quite by accident. I'm book-marking it and will be back. Lovely, lovely pieces.

Gerald Schwartz said...

I thank you for taking the time to stop and look, I will stumble on to yours too. :)