Dec 7, 2009

"FIRST RAINS"


The first of many that I knew I was in the path of so being true to form, I picked my camera up and said to self, "Self" Heres your next painting.  This has been painted on a very heavily prepared wood panel, not just with three coats of the best gesso in my opinion but then the finest of oil ground to assure a life time of quality of color.   I do love the process of painting.
This is a 6x8 inch oil on Birch panel mounted on a varnished wooden box. $130+s/h

Also check-out the new canvas painting at Canvases.

4 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

Love it! One of my favorite compositions--land and sky (and mostly sky!) Great stuff as always!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Cooper, thanks for taking a look..
Yes! I can never have enough skies.
Have to paint more...

Cyndy Carstens said...

Hey, Ger! How have you been? Incredibly beautiful sky - and you know how I love the vastness of the atmosphere. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family and are looking forward to a fun Holiday. Keep on painting the skies of AZ - never enough. Awesome blue!
Cyndy

Gerald Schwartz said...

Cyndy, thanks... love those clouds as you...