Oct 23, 2009

"KETTLE CORN & COTTON CANDY" oil on wood 6"x6"

Yes its a long title but, it fits and thats all that matters... Painting this made me smile the whole time, sometimes things just work out that way.. Listening to the news or even reading the paper they play us like a yo-yo.. First some good new fallowed by bad news, its come to making me watch cartoons but even those can be a bit violent... How about all those pills we should be taking.. lookout! they can make you sick.... So I remembered this photo. Scrambling though CDs more files then I'll ever need, Ah! there it is "Happy" What a find.. I think I'll just have a Root-beer float and stare at this for a while. It's a 6x6inch original oil on wood, you know the rest. (Sold)

7 comments:

Don Gray said...

Great mood in this one, Gerald--nice work. Love that umbrella.

Delilah said...

I love the sky in this painting.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Don, thank you, I appreciate you stopping to comment.. I will probably make this into a larger canvas...

Gerald Schwartz said...

Thanks Delilah, I did want the sky to pop behind the silhouette of the fun zone.

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Gerald
Thanks for the comment on my blog , I know your work, I take it as a big compliment to get a comment from a Artist who can paint like you .
Cheers / Keith

Randall David Tipton said...

Now that`s a great painting! Wish I could see it in person. You really caught that magical outdoor celebration.

Gerald Schwartz said...

RT, Thanks for taking a peek. I'm glade the fun at this place came across. I have painted this at so many different angles its silly..