May 21, 2009

"SUMMERS GLARE"

The painting is from the Laguna Canyon, one of many trips up & down I'll be doing this summer. The canyon runs from east & west, west ends at the ocean and just a few block up is the Festival of Arts... In this painting I wanted to capture the glare at this time of day so I needed to paint wet into wet to get the distortion of color in the trees and light racing over the land.. This is an oil on Birch panel, mounted on a varnished wooden box. For availability E-mail:schwartzart@earthlink.net
(Sold)

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Wonderful painting! Love that glow and the way the trees go out of focus in the light. The small brush strokes of the leaves give it a feel of realism. Reminds me of some of the Old World Ink drawings.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Gwen, thank you and thanks for seeing that, it was a little maddening going back and forth with with color in such a small area.. I appreciate your observation and comment.