Sep 23, 2007

"MY BLACK & WHITES"

Here is a continuation on a series of painting’s as B&W’s… I make my blacks using different color combinations making the black tones warm or cool, then into this concoction a secret dry dust is added that alters the reflective quality of each painting. This dust I refer to is so light that when mixed into the other colors I must turn off all fans, put a mask on, open the jar and carefully, dip a moist palette knife into the dust removing it slowly, for any fast movement and it will float into the air getting everywhere. I then place it gingerly on the colors and slowly blend until I have achieved the shade I want… Now I add my white and this gives me some wonderful gray tones making each painting unique onto itself. Why you ask? Just the madness of loving what I do.

No comments: