Apr 2, 2020

EASTSIDE


                                                       EASTSIDE
                                               8x8 Inch oil on panel

It's so interesting to study ones works. I painted this last year, it's been hanging out on the wall in my studio along with all the other works, so it has plenty of company; I usually gance over all that I have painted, gering up my mind for the next masterpiece hahaha.   So the other day I zeroed in on this one "EASTSIDE" and thought this could use a little tweak here and there and, to my surprise I was correct in my decision.  First off I softened the street lights and their reflection on the ground, added the crossing sign in the foreground, pulling the eye into the picture, put some warmth in the doorway of the little diner, the sign is in the front out of our view, strong some more lights in the back for the outside dining, I'm now happy; Oh by the way, good fried chicken every Wed night.   

No comments: