Apr 3, 2011

"BACK ALLEY"

Well, I am back from my Minnesota trip visiting family.  While there I was driven around with my daughter-law and her dad Ted.  He drove us up one street and down another and on one of these excursions, Ted knowing I was looking for old buildings, pulls into this alley.  I jump out even before the car came to a stop exclaiming "WOW".  The old and sometimes abandoned buildings were just what I was hoping to find.   Camera ready and watching where I was stepping I spot puddles with reflections of the buildings, brick walkways from the 30's, crumbling driveways all disappearing into the melting snow forming realistic abstracts images that I knew I was going to paint.  This 6x6"  original oil painting is on a varnished wooden box requiring no framing.   (SOLD)      

2 comments:

Madison Moore said...

great concept!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Just my crazy mind at work..: )