Sep 26, 2009

"HELLO DESSERT" 8x6inch oil on wood

So, my wife walks in with a sheepish grin on her face and at the same time extending her arm holding this bag out to me... I say, smiling back "what's in the bag" as she hands it over ... I slowly undo the folded top just to play the suspense a little longer for myself.... I peek inside and suck in my breath..."Candy Apples"! You must understand... I... LOVE... CANDY... APPLES!... Finding spicy cinnamon candy apples is really difficult or so it seems... Well, I immediately unwrapped the paper, salivating, I prepare carefully to take the first bite.... Fortunately I had the presence of mind to photograph it first... Then the challenge of figuring out how to begin eating this delectable, sweet, scrumptious candy apple.... At 7:14 am I had the second one for breakfast... Just couldn't wait any longer...:) Oil on Birch panel mounted on a varnished wooden box: (Sold)

4 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Like the painting, LOVE your description. (:

Gerald Schwartz said...

Hello Diane..
thanks for stopping to take a look at my madness... Now, in Ohio one can find goos candy apples...

LeAnn Whitacre said...

What a sweet wife for thinking of you, and bringing you something you love. And a great job on the painting - the wax paper looks so real! (Personally, I prefer caramel apples myself - have to have at least one every October!)

Gerald Schwartz said...

LeAnn, Thank you kindly, Oh how much I love candy apples, I do like caramel to.... This painting was just a joy to do, specially I got to eat one and paint the other...:)