Jun 5, 2009

"SUM,SUM, SUMMERTIME"

Here is a place for me of much memories, "Balboa Island" in Newport Beach.. This strip of land has water on both sides and it ends at a place called "The Wedge". has some of the best surfing ability's in southern California... Now this relatively small section on Balboa Island is the fun zone, there is a barge that ferries people and cars back and forth, while yachts and Duffy's dodge this constant. I'm in a Duffy just cruising with some good friends, sipping on an ice-cold margaritas when this shot was taken. 12x4 inch oil on Birch panel, mounted on a varnished wooden box. (Sold)

4 comments:

Jelaine Faunce said...

You are amazing, Gerald!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Jelaine, I do thank you for you kind words.. I must say, I do love what magic you also perform...

Gwen Bell said...

Love the feeling of this...it evokes that dusky fun when all the lights go on but the sky is still blue. Like the just off-center crescent moon and it's proximity to the full circle of the ferris wheel. I can see why it's already sold!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Thank you Gwen, I have painted this part of Newport so many times but and all have a different feel.. There is a lot of subject down there and great food and music.. Easy to get lost in stuff...