Apr 27, 2008

"THE DRIVE HOME"











(Sold)


In looking at my most recent paintings, the feeling of space and time I conveyed has become a metaphor of my life at this time. The going to or leaving depending on which way I might be looking at this road of life as an artist has been an interesting one for sure. Not an easy one, but interesting nevertheless. Oh! There have been maps for me to follow, but not all lead me to where I thought I might stay, you know, a real homecoming of a place.
Dusty and bumpy and an assortment of dead ends and wrong turns and always believing, “there is light at the end of this journey” and having another painting to do, I must still paint on, after all, I am an artist and I alone have chosen this road. Oil on board 6"x8" and no framing needed.

No comments: