May 28, 2014

Final Painting


                                                              "I'M HOME!"
                                                            
My final and last painting for this summers show was a long time in its making.   You see, I started months ago painting an idea I had for a night scene.   After working on it for three weeks I awoke when it was still dark and decided, "no", that is not what I want.  I painted over all that I had accomplished with this black & white landscape and the same thing happened again, another three weeks came to an end.    To give myself some space from whatever I was looking for, I worked on my small 6x6in studies on wood.   Photographing them I would save the images in my files.  In doing so I found a little painting I did some five years ago.  I stopped dead in my tracks and I knew this is what I was looking for.   I had found the subject and mood I so disparately needed.  Two months of frustrations melted away with each brushstroke as this 36x36 painting came to life.  It was then, I knew I was home at last. 

 Also for this and others stop by: www.geraldschwartz.biz

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Interesting story! I can see you with your hand rubbing your chin saying "ha." Next, you approached the nearest wall and proceeded to put your fist through it. Glad that you finally found your aching desire!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Thank you Leslie for stopping to read.
Yes it feels good to have completed this. Now I'm fee to do more...