Aug 11, 2009

"SAN CLEMENTE MORNING" (oil on Birch 6x6inch)

With a relatively warm muggy morning, the sky giving me challenging colors to work out, I pick my camera up and take one photo as the sun continues to rise obliterating all the colors that first caught my eye... Then download the shot, print it, tape it to my easel, do the painting, take a picture of it.... up-load... And... Now you get to see the finished work two hours later.... I think back on a film and this same process from beginning to end would have been a week or more.... I do love the new ways... So here is a brand new 6x6 oil on Birch paneling, mounted on a wooden box, ready for someones wall.... Hope to have another this week to post.  (Sold)



9 comments:

Cheryl McCarley said...

This is wonderful!! I haven't been at the show yet but will be visiting I'm sure very soon. Just getting back from a two week vacation. You know I'll stop by to say HI!

Don Coker said...

Really beautiful color, Gerald!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Don, Thanks for stopping to take a peek... I am so looking forward for this show to end so I can get back and paint & post..

Talk soon

Jiddje said...

I agree with Din here. Very bright and beautiful colors.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Jiddje,
I thank you for your comment. I feel the same of your work.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I love the way you pulled this off ... those colors are often difficult to make work together right next to each other! Gosh you're good.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Diana, Thank you for your kind words..
It was fun making those colors work for it was a bit of a fight at first..

Thanks again

Escape Artist said...

I can't just say beautiful colors, this is beyond that. Don't you think this would be fantastic as a mural or a huge painting? I really love this one.

Gerald Schwartz said...

Thanks... Good idea...